27 October 2009

October 27th

FOR TODAY

October 27th

Dawn's Daybook

Outside my window... the snow is falling and the leaves are blowing in the air.

I am thinking... about more recipes.

I am thankful for... educating my children at home.

I am wearing... um...sweat pants and a sweat shirt. Lots of baking and cooking today.

I am remembering... how different my life was three years ago and how much happier I am now with my friends and family.

I am going... to put the kids to bed in 15 minutes.

I am reading... The Real George Washington, Jane Eyre, and Bible Traditions.

I am hoping... the snowstorm hits hard and we get a cozy day as a family tomorrow at home.

On my mind... having another baby.

From the learning rooms... We talked about the number one and circles last night, as well as uniform outward expansion, energy waves (instead of water waves); today we carved pumpkins and saved the seeds for eating and planting next year.

Noticing that... my children learn much more than I ever teach them.

Pondering these words... "One of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the great struggle for independence." --American historian Charles A. Beard (1874-1948)Write something about yourself.


From the kitchen... Roast Chicken, Home made chicken soup, pumpkin puree, roasted veggies for a lasagne

Around the house... Lots of kitchen time today with the kids and preparing to make freeze ahead meals

One of my favorite things... The girls carving pumpkins mostly on their own, and their own creativity.

From my picture journal...






Dawn

0 comments:

"An education isn't how much you have committed to memory, or even how much you know. It's being able to differentiate between what you know and what you don't." -- Anatole France
"I am beginning to suspect all elaborate and special systems of education. They seem to me to be built up on the supposition that every child is a kind of idiot who must be taught to think." -- Anne Sullivan

  © Blogger template Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP