02 November 2009

November 2, 2009

FOR TODAY

November 2, 2009

Dawn's Daybook


Outside my window...the weather is hazy, reflecting my mood today.

I am thinking... about how it will be possible for the will of 35% of our population to shove bills down the throat of the other 65%.

I am thankful for... my education today.

I am wearing... brown cords, pink shirt and a sweater

I am remembering... when things seemed more simple and I had my head buried in the sand. Ignorance IS bliss, but that's why we are in the position we are in.

I am going... nowhere today. I'm exhausted from the last three days.

I am reading... craft books and magazines for christmas gift ideas.

I am hoping... that our dollar doesn't tank, like we all know it will. We cannot continue to literally "make" dollars and believe nothing will happen. Every action as a reaction, but we seem to think we are immune to nature.

On my mind... our government today. The House Healthcare bill is 1990 pages! useThese will never be read by the House or Senate. Other bills have things completely unrelated in them: hate crimes in the defense bill, NEA funding up 30% (and we can afford that?! Apparently we can since the white house asked the NEA to create propaganda posters for his agenda (caught on audiotape).

From the learning rooms... quite day of Music Today.

Noticing that... most people don't care, neither do they wish to engage, in their government. Doesn't anyone question why the leader of SEIU--one of the biggest unions--has visited the white house 22 times in 6 months??!! Because the healthcare bill is about the unions, NOT people or health or care.

Pondering these words...

"Nothing that is worth doing can be achieved in a lifetime;
therefore we must be saved by hope.
Nothing which is true or beautiful or good makes complete sense in any immediate context of history;
therefore we must be saved by faith.
Nothing we do, however virtuous, could be accomplished alone;
therefore we must be saved by love."
No virtuous act is quite as virtuous from the stand point of our friend or foe as it is from our own standpoint;
therefore we must be saved by the final form of love,
which is forgiveness.”

Reinhold Niebuhr, The Irony of American History


From the kitchen... French Toast, potatoes and eggs--breakfast for dinner

Around the house... lazy day, not feeling well.

One of my favorite things...A mid-day nap...something I haven't had in....years.


From my picture journal...

In honor of All Saints Day (All Souls Day) yesterday, I wanted to post a video of my Grandfather who passed two years ago:



And a picture of my grandmother, who passed away last year:

Photobucket


Dawn

0 comments:

"An education isn't how much you have committed to memory, or even how much you know. It's being able to differentiate between what you know and what you don't." -- Anatole France
"I am beginning to suspect all elaborate and special systems of education. They seem to me to be built up on the supposition that every child is a kind of idiot who must be taught to think." -- Anne Sullivan

  © Blogger template Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP