30 October 2009

October 30, 2009


FOR TODAY

October 30, 2009

Dawn's Daybook



Outside my window... Beautiful Snow.

I am thinking... about how easy it is to forget to just "play" and be with your own children.

I am thankful for... A warm home, warm clothes and crafts.

I am wearing... jeans, white t-shirt, button up shirt...cabin clothes. ;)

I am remembering... the stories I told my children last year about St. Nicholas, the meaning of Christmas, and family stories thanks to Karissa.

I am going... to finish one christmas gift today. The girls are also working on one.

I am reading... not much today. Mostly instructions for crafts. Tonight likely the Beginner's Guide to Constructing the Universe for our Math talk.

I am hoping... my husband stays warm and happy this weekend.

On my mind... the holidays.

From the learning rooms... Sewing today. Math at dinner: dyad. The number 2. Polarity. Light and Dark. Positive and Negative. Mobius strips after Dinner.

Noticing that... my 7 year old has a fantastic memory! She recited back the story of St. Nicholas (the real one) she learned last year in our studies during Advent.

Pondering these words...
Psalms 150
1
1 Hallelujah! 2 Praise God in his holy sanctuary; give praise in the mighty dome of heaven.
2
Give praise for his mighty deeds, praise him for his great majesty.
3
Give praise with blasts upon the horn, praise him with harp and lyre.
4
Give praise with tambourines and dance, praise him with flutes and strings.
5
Give praise with crashing cymbals, praise him with sounding cymbals.
6
Let everything that has breath give praise to the LORD! Hallelujah!


From the kitchen... Baked up a storm yesterday (4 lasagnas!) so we'll have leftovers for lunch. Not sure about dinner..

Around the house... It feels like the cozy holidays already.

One of my favorite things... crafting with my children.


From my picture journal...





Dawn

0 comments:

"An education isn't how much you have committed to memory, or even how much you know. It's being able to differentiate between what you know and what you don't." -- Anatole France
"I am beginning to suspect all elaborate and special systems of education. They seem to me to be built up on the supposition that every child is a kind of idiot who must be taught to think." -- Anne Sullivan

  © Blogger template Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP